“Everyday Excel” is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools.
This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course, you will:
1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment;
2) edit and format Excel worksheets;
3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions);
4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data);
5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts.
New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills is necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you’ll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem-solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training.